CAMARO FIREBIRD US NATS

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
When the call goes out for heavy lifting - PONTIAC answers..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    camaro-firebird.org Forum Index -> Bench Racing Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonnevista

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: When the call goes out for heavy lifting - PONTIAC answers.. Reply with quote

I gave the barge a work out last week. My younger son moved to Melbourne to start a new job, so guess who had to move him...

I rented an enclosed furniture trailer (imagine a 7x5 box trailer with 4 port a loos). The aerodynamics (and fuel economy) were horrific. On the way down, the south westerly wind was gale force.

We took off last Thursday morning from Wollongong and drove all the way through to St.Kilda. After a good night's sleep, we moved him into his new St.Kilda pad on Friday morning and I took off for the return trip and arrived back at home at midnight.

The total mileage in 2 days was just over 1100 miles and the car didn't miss a beat - and now suddenly, it's due for a service.

LeighP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the barge is still getting it done.....seems to like the usage! Cool

GEN II - Chassis and Suspension parts -
For 2nd (and 1st) Gen F-Bodies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    camaro-firebird.org Forum Index -> Bench Racing Lounge All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: