CAMARO FIREBIRD US NATS

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
People on Historic rego Scheme....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    camaro-firebird.org Forum Index -> Bench Racing Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeighP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: People on Historic rego Scheme.... Reply with quote

A guy posted of Facebook about his friend being done for driving an unregistered vehicle that was on the Historic Rego scheme.

Seems he was using one of his 60 "personal" days available to him by filling out the Log Book and taking the car out for the evening.
He was on his way home and was stopped after midnight almost back at his house. The Log Book entry he made before going out ran out at midnight on the date of the entry. Because he had no entry for the next (current) day, he was booked for driving an unregistered car. The Log Book entry is good for midnight to midnight on the date written in the entry...only.

Warning for everyone on historic rego.....if you are out past midnight, stop and fill your log book in for the new day....sure it costs you another of your 60 days, but it also means if you're stopped, you're legal.

Now I'm not getting into whether the guy had an attitude, or if the cop was being unduly hard, but its something that didn't occur to me and people should be aware of if out late at night.
I'd bet that Police that know the Historic scheme are well aware of the Log Book entry validity regarding the date....if they see historic rego plates after midnight, whats the bet you'll get stopped for a "random check"?

krisr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly thought it was implied or that common sense was required to make sure that your "days" are filled out in the logbook and that a "day" constitutes as a midnight --> midnight thing. I put my HQ on the CVS rego so it's now got "D" conditional plates and yeah, always make sure that the logbook is filled out properly when it see's a street as technically the car is unregistered unless that logbook sheet has a date stamp, location, name and signature.
NFORCR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Good to know.
Thanks Leigh
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisr wrote:
I honestly thought it was implied or that common sense was required to make sure that your "days" are filled out in the logbook and that a "day" constitutes as a midnight --> midnight thing. I put my HQ on the CVS rego so it's now got "D" conditional plates and yeah, always make sure that the logbook is filled out properly when it see's a street as technically the car is unregistered unless that logbook sheet has a date stamp, location, name and signature.

You do have to be very careful as in Vic you are not allowed to pre fill the book in for the next day so technically (in Vic) you must stop at 11.59 wait till midnight and then fill the book in

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."
LeighP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
krisr wrote:

You do have to be very careful as in Vic you are not allowed to pre fill the book in for the next day so technically (in Vic) you must stop at 11.59 wait till midnight and then fill the book in

I was told, thats the same here.....

gpierce

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, NSW is still a trial.

This sounds like good feedback to me. I don't see why you can't prefix it in before you start driving it again.
NFORCR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Good point Greg Reply with quote

I am always a skeptic and am concerned that technically the car is unregistered and if the scheme falls over or you ever want full registration again a Blue Slip may prove a challenge for many cars that have had modification like exhaust, emissions, ride height, engine mods,seat belts.
You may not get clearance unless you meet the requirements for standards of that model year. Won't effect pre 73 cars really as their was 73 was the first year for this but after that could get harder.

Anyone else have any thoughts about it.
sms777

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is already a requrement to obtain a blue slip when you transfer from historic to modified D plates on the 60 day log book scheme. The reason is to make sure the vehicle complies with relevant ADR"s and not modified beyond owner modification criteria. If it is then it requires an engineers report. It is up to the blue slip issuer to determine which category the vehicle falls into.
LeighP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it always gets more complicated after, I believe, a build date of August 1972.....which is what I recall from my research when I was building the 71 model. The later your car, the worse it gets....child seat anchor points in a 78 Trans Am...that sort of thing....
Having a 69 makes me happy..... Laughing

gpierce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my 73 Mustang engineered for full rego. I was able to keep things like red tail lights as there appears to be a mid 73 cutoff for when the ADRs came into effect and mine is early 73. This is of course up to the engineers interpretation;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    camaro-firebird.org Forum Index -> Bench Racing Lounge All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: